BMCC wins national award for radio advertising
Blue Mountain Community College was honored for excellence in advertising at the National Council for Marketing and Public Relations (NCMPR) annual conference in Las Vegas March 18. BMCC received a Gold Paragon Award for excellence in radio advertising for its “In A World” ad that ran on regional Elkhorn Media Group stations in fall 2017. The ad was a unique way to let the community know about an upcoming registration period at BMCC.
NCMPR is the only organization of its kind that exclusively represents public relations and marketing professionals at community and technical colleges in the country, and is an affiliate of the American Association of Community Colleges. Vice President of Public Relations Casey White-Zollman, Director of Marketing Anne Livingston, and Recruitment Program Coordinator Jeffrey “JJ” Hill – who voiced the radio ad and came up with its concept – were on hand to receive the award in Las Vegas.
This is the first NCMPR Paragon Award BMCC has received.
In October 2017, BMCC’s Public Relations and Marketing Office was honored with five Medallion Awards at the NCMPR District 7 Conference in Bend, which includes community and technical colleges from Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Montana, Alaska and Canada. These District-level awards included:
- Another Gold for the “In A World” radio ad,
- Silver award for Brand Video,
- Silver award for Digital Advertising (for an ad series on the Industrial Systems Technology program),
- Bronze award for Logo Design (for BMCC’s new Timberwolf logo), and
- Bronze award for Print Advertisement (for a Precision Irrigated Agriculture ad that ran in the “Grow Oregon” Department of Agriculture magazine)
In 2016, BMCC was honored with three NCMPR District 7 Medallion Awards, the first NCMPR awards for the College.