BMCC Baseball signs five early recruits
Five future Timberwolves have signed early Letters of Intent to play baseball for Blue Mountain Community College in the 2018-19 season thanks to a new Northwest Athletic Conference rule that allows baseball players to make these decisions early on.
“We are very excited to bring in this exceptional group during the early signing period,” said Head Baseball Coach Brad Baker, who is also a Student Success Coach for BMCC. “Committing to BMCC this early shows us that these students value the education and athletic opportunities that we can provide them. With this group and a talented freshman class, the future of Blue Mountain baseball is very bright.”
The five players who have committed for the 2018 class include:
- Wyatt Hull, a pitcher from Kennewick, Wash. (Southridge High School), who was named Mid-Columbia Conference Pitcher of the Year and named to the 3A all-state team for Washington last year.
- Dale Takalo, a pitcher from Knappa, Ore. (Knappa High School), whose high school team won the 2A Oregon state championship last year. He was named to the 2A all-state 1st team.
- Bennett Sacker, a middle infielder from Portland (Lincoln High School)
- Jacob Seale, a pitcher from Vancouver, Wash. (Mountain View High School)
- Jaydon Yancey, a pitcher from Meridian, Idaho (Mountain View High School)
Hull, Takalo and Seale were all able to participate in an early signing celebration at BMCC Nov. 1 with their families, which included meeting with current Timberwolf baseball players and a tour of campus. Sacker and Yancey signed their Letters of Intent last week.